It’s a boot, it’s a heel, it’s a sandal, it does it all!
What do iPhones, futons and Hishi products have in common? They are all multi functional! Meaning each one of those items can do a multitude of things. iPhones aren’t just phones anymore. They are calculators, TVs, grocery stores and it’s even how most of us are dating these days(swipe right please). Futons, as you might recall from your youth, are both a couch and a bed. Hishi falls into the same category.
It’s a day cream that has the ability to hydrate, protect and renew your skin all in one product. Since we already learned that your skin is completely custom and tailor made just for you, why shouldn’t your skincare be just as unique? Finding something that’s going to not only treat your specific skin type, but also go after any existing skin conditions is key. This is why Hishi worked hard to find versatile ingredients that could perform numerous actions on your skin. Let’s take a peak into some of the cool multidimensional ingredients that you can find in your bottle!
Have you taken your vitamins today? Well if you’re using your Hishi product, then your skin definitely has. Vitamins are substances that our bodies need to develop and function normally, it only makes sense to use them in skincare. Vitamins are also an excellent source of antioxidants. Not sure what an antioxidant is? You’re not alone, so let’s break it down.
Our skin cells are all about protection, however there’s these molecules called free radicals that can sometimes enter the skin and cause skin damage (think hyperpigmentation, fine/lines wrinkles and even skin cancer). Free radicals can be caused by anything from UV exposure to pollution to even eating BBQ or deep fried food! Free radicals are a molecule that have an uneven number of electrons spinning around it at all times, a normal molecule has an even number of electrons spinning around it at all times.
So think of free radical kind of like a bull in a china shop. It’s off-balance and banging into everything around it trying to correct itself. That’s essentially what free radicals do when they enter your skin, and that’s what causes the damage to your skin cells. Antioxidants are your best friend because they’re totally generous. They lend one of their electrons to the free radical so it can even itself out and stop the drama. Pretty sweet right? So I know what you’re thinking ’give me all the antioxidants!’ Don’t worry Hishi has your back!
The A, B, C’s of it
- First up, let’s talk about tocopherol. Doesn’t ring a bell? Have you heard of vitamin E? Then you are familiar with Tocopherol! It is a form of vitamin E that is derived from vegetable oils. Think palm oil, sunflower oil and wheat germ oils. This well-known vitamin is and anti-oxidant superhero, helping your skin fight that free radical crime. At the same time it’s also an anti-inflammatory, so if you’re sensitive or suffer from sensitized skin this is a great ingredient for you. But wait there’s more! Tocopherol, is also known for hydrating the skin, it can help strengthen your skins barrier function, pretty amazing right?
- Next up is vitamin B5, also known as Panthenol. Panthenol is the alcohol form of vitamin B5, on its own it’s a fine ingredient but it becomes simply divine when it meets you! Panthenol is absorbed super quick by your skin and converts into vitamin B5. This is when the magic takes place. Not only is vitamin B5 essential for healthy skin, but it can also work as a moisturizing ingredient. You see, panthenol is part of a family of ingredients known as humectants. Humectants hold and bind moisture and other moisturizing ingredients to itself therefore, deepening the hydration and moisturizing capabilities. But it doesn’t end there, this vitamin is also vital for wound healing and works as a fantastic anti-inflammatory, this should perk up your ears if you suffer from breakouts or acne.
- But what about the other vitamins? Vitamin A? Vitamin C? Are you not including them? Think again! To create a well rounded, antioxidant, vitamin rich product we called upon the ocean for a little blue-green sea plant off the Brittany coast(that’s in northern France). This ingredient is Sea Fennel Extract, or Cirthmum Maritimum to be scientific. Hailing from the same family as celery and parsley, this powerful little plant is packed full of minerals and of course vitamins, mainly A, C and E. Providing your skin with antioxidant support, it also helps unclog pores, boost collagen and speed up cellular regeneration. If the signs of aging are your number one concern, then this is the ingredient for you.
- Last but not least, prickly pear seed oil. Might sound like an uncomfortable fruit, but it’s actually as friendly as can be. Cold pressed from the tiny seeds of a Moroccan cactus plant, this skin superstar can help soften wrinkles, stimulate new cell growth and restore elasticity. While at the same time it is incredibly rich in vitamins C and K. Anitoxiant support, nourishing AND reparative?! How can you say no?
I’m sorry, can you say that again?
We just discussed some of the more common and recognizable ingredients that you can find in Hishi. But what about the not so recognizable, or even pronounceable ingredients? You’ve come to the right place. Let’s decipher some unique names for some pretty special ingredients.
- Xylitol, pronounced zai-luh-taal, might look familiar to you. It is a well known sugar substitute found in peanut butter, candy and sometimes chewy or melt away vitamins. Not only is this an edible ingredient, but it’s also a fantastic topical for your skin. It is sourced from the bark of the birch tree, and has shown to help the skin retain moisture. It can also play a role in regulating your skin cells journey from the bottom to the outer most layer. Pass the sugar please, xylitol that is.
- Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, ummm what? Pronounced dye-palm-eh-toy-l hydroxy-pro-lean. Aside from being kind of a mouthful, this ingredient is pretty amazing for your skin. This plant derived collagen can help protect your skins collagen and elastin, which is your structural support. This is mega important because after the age of 30 you lose about 1% of collagen a year. Basically, take care of what you got to help maintain that strong, plump youthful looking skin. To top it off, this superstar can also act as an antioxidant. It’s truly a win/win.
- Hydrolyzed Rhodophyceae extract, pronounced hai·druh·aizd ro-doe-phy-ce-ie, rolls right off the tongue right? The good news is we can just call this ingredient red algae. Think of this as the ultimate anti-pollution protector. It provides protection for skin that can get damaged from pesky micro-particles, if you live in a big city or in a heavily polluted area this is probably a concern of yours. It also contains antioxidants that help protect the skin from UV damage. The name might be hard to say, but the results are worth it.
You can have it all!
Of course, there are many more ingredients that are found in your Hishi product. After all, there’s over 17,000 different formulations that can be customized to fit your specific skin type and ever changing skin conditions. This list is just the tip of the iceberg on some of the incredible multi dimensional ingredients found in Hishi. Why settle for one product that just does one thing? When you can have one product that does all the things! You CAN have it all and you deserve it.